Skip to page body Home Community Departments Government I Want To...
Service Review
Report Road Problems
Department: Public Works Department
Category: Road and Transportation
Phone: (864) 942-8616
Fax: (864) 942-8756


  • Improve and maintain all roads and bridges under Greenwood County's jurisdiction
  • Install and repair asphalt aprons for driveways, new driveway tile, or culverts on county maintained roads (fees apply)
  • Maintain gravel roads by scraping, providing proper drainage, and adding stone when necessary
  • Maintain road-side vegetation
  • Fabricate and install street name and traffic control signs
  • Construct and repair drainage basins and ditches


This Office Does Not:

  • Provide maintenance on any state, municipal, or private road
  • Pick up dead animals on state roads
  • Install or maintain traffic lights
  • Perform new subdivision road inspections
  • Repair mailboxes that have been knocked down
  • Pave dirt or gravel roads