LOCATION: Road Department of Public Works
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires an Associate's Degree or specialized courses/training equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college in road construction and maintenance. Requires two years supervisory level experience in road construction and maintenance OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must have computer skills (Excel and Word).
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES: S.C. Commercial Driver's License - Class A (CDL)
- Completes performance evaluations.
- Supervises all subordinates giving instructions and directions daily.
- Coordinates, plans and schedules work assignments to ensure work load is distributed equally.
- Receives and responds to complaints from county residents' concerns about road maintenance.
- Monitors safety practices, equipment, and cross training to ensure the use of correct procedures and practices.
- Conducts road inspections and monitors county road rights of way for repairs and safety hazards.
- Reviews and inspects work assignments and projects for accuracy and completion.
- Monitors equipment maintenance and repairs for scheduling of trucks and equipment.
- Directs supervisors or employees with procedures that save time, materials and resources.
- Ensures production and filing of accurate and up-to-date project records.
- Performs related work as assigned.
SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants interested in the above position should complete an Internal Job Vacancy Form, an Employment Application, attach a resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person at 600 Monument Street, Park Plaza, Room 102, Greenwood, SC 29646.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER